Our Pro-Perfecting Primer
Prepping your skin before putting on your makeup is an important step. Normally it would include cleansing your skin and moisturising it. But why not add another step to this? Primer works to create an extra layer between your skin and makeup, to make it last longer and even out your skin tone.
A silky, lightweight, universal primer that instantly perfects the look of skin, creating the ideal canvas to enhance the look and wear of your makeup. Avant Pro Perfecting Collagen Touche Eclat Primer is a silky, lightweight, universal primer that instantly perfects the look of skin, and is blended with powerful ingredients to create the ideal canvas to enhance the look and wear of your makeup.
Cetiol® Sensoft also known as the “Happy” Emollient, aims to balance pH and provide a multi-dimensional softness sensation on your skin.
Isododecane is known for its properties as an emollient, thanks to its low viscosity and density. It works to leave a weightless feeling on your skin and evaporates easily. Due to this, it aims to coat your skin, preventing the appearance of patchy skin and the evaporation of water from the skin.
Collagen is the main structural protein of the extracellular space in various connective tissues. It’s most commonly found in the dermis and epidermis of your skin however it can be found all over the body. It provides strength and elasticity to the skin through an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and elastin fibres. As we age this collagen degrades over time due to the fact that our skin natural thinning. Due to this including it in your skincare aims to work as an important building block for elasticity, and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
"Collagen production diminishes with age, as well as with exposure to UV radiation and environmental stressors such as smoking and pollution. Typically the decline in collagen production begins in your twenties and drops by about 1% each year," says Alexis Granite, a dermatologist at Mallucci London. "The appearance of fine lines are the first signs, with early wrinkles and crepey skin that doesn't snap back as quickly as it may once have.”
- Hydrates and mattifies skin
- Improves skin texture and nourishes the skin underneath
- Softens skin
- Protects skin
How to get the most out of it
1. Apply moisturiser and allow it to sink in and dry completely before you begin to apply primer. If your skin feels dewy, wait a few more minutes for the moisturiser to be absorbed.
2. Squirt a pea-sized amount of foundation on the back of your hand.
3. Apply the primer to the centre of your face and use gentle, circular motions to blend it outwards. The motion should be similar to the one you use when applying your moisturiser. Work the product evenly into your skin so you get smooth, even coverage. Make sure you blend it up to your hairline and over your neck as well.
4. Allow the primer to dry completely. This should only take a few minutes.
#AvantTips: Using too much primer can cause your foundation to pill or clump, and you really shouldn't need more than a pea- or raisin-sized dab to cover your face and neck.